Location: Hotel Courtyard by Marriott, Linz, Austria
During the course, the participants will review approximately 50 cases dealing with a variety of neoplastic and non-neoplastic thyroid lesions. The cases are carefully selected to illustrate common diagnostic problems and pitfalls in thyroid pathology and provide the basis for in-depth discussion of morphological criteria and usefulness of complementary investigations in achieving the correct diagnosis. In addition to the slide seminar, several lectures by experts in pathology, nuclear medicine and surgery will be provided.
Program features and highlights:
- Correlation of cytology, frozen section and final histology.
- Interactive discussion among participants and faculty.
- Instant polls of the audience on controversial issues with immediate feedback presentation.
- Both scanned slides (available via internet after the course) and “real” slides for on-site microscopy (during the course) provided.
- Technical and methodological aspects (macroscopy, sampling, FNB, touch imprint cytology, staining protocols) specifically addressed.
- Application of immunohistochemical and molecular markers to thyroid tumors.
- Presentation of follow-up data, therapeutic and prognostic implications of histopathologic diagnoses.
- Lectures and in-depth discussion of selected topics (oncocytic lesions, NIFT-P and related tumors, significance of papillary carcinoma variants, molecular pathology of thyroid tumors).
This course is designed for practicing pathologists as well as pathologists in training. Attendance is limited to 80 participants.
Oleksiy Tsybrovskyy, MD
Associate Professor of Pathology, Vice-Chairman, Department of Pathology,
Ordensklinikum Linz, Hospital of the Sisters of Charity, Linz, Austria
Giovanni Tallini, MD
Professor of Pathology, Director of the Diagnostic Molecular Pathology Laboratory,
Surgical Pathology Attending, Bologna University School of Medicine, Italy
Manuel Sobrinho Simões, MD, PhD
Professor of Pathology, Director, Institute of Molecular Pathology and
Immunology of the University of Porto, Portugal
Registration / More Information
We kindly ask for online registration:
For more information please conctact:
For general information concerning Vincent Academy of Pathology please see: